Thursday, January 9, 2014

Monthly Planting Plan: What To Grow In The North West Province This January

I found a vegetable and her planting plan online, developed by Organic Seeds and I like it. The plan is appropriate for Summer Rainfall areas, of which the North West province is one of them.

Most of the are vegetables that we like and I want to grow, so I'm going to follow it very closely this January. Here are some of the vegetables I'm going to grow:


  • Beans
  • Beetroot - already planted seeds this month
  • Broccoli
  • Brussel Sprouts
  • Cabbage  planted seeds this month
  • Carrots   planted seeds this month
  • Cauliflower
  • Lettuce
  • Potatoes
  • Rocket
  • Spinach - planted seeds this month
  • Sunflower
  • Tomato - planted seeds but want more
  • Basil - planted seeds but want more
  • Chives
  • Coriander
  • Dill
  • French Terragon
  • Oregano
  • Parsley - to transplant seedlings soon
  • Rosemary - to buy seedlings
  • Sage -  to buy seedlings
The vegetables and herbs I'm planting would be in addition to what I already have in the garden and are part of my succession planting plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment