Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Time In The Garden Was Soothing

Yesterday I was feeling out of sorts for various reasons, so I've been waging war on the weeds in my garden. I needed the exercise and the therapy that I get from working with the soil.

Spending time in the garden was soothing

These plants bring forth a beautifu showing in the evening/at night

Hardy marigolds that survived soil that's not ideal, heat and drought

And working with the plants and soil reminded me that there are things in life that I can control .... and mistakes that I have made that I cannot fix and the only thing left is to manage the consequences..... and then there are things that I cannot control at all, not even manage the consequences thereof.  All  I can do is accept that bad things happen to good people, and good people make bad mistakes.

I could try to be "proactive" and wage a battle to try to reverse things I can't control, but the action will just keep me busy, make me feel like I was doing something, but in the end, the result will still be the same. That is a hard pill to swallow.

They grow almost all four seasons so I never have to replant the bed
For now, I'm going to focus my energy, time and resources on things that show tangible results.

No comments:

Post a Comment