Thursday, March 8, 2012

Yes, I'm still alive

There have been major changes in my life since I last posted here. The biggest ones being that:
1. I now divide my time between my city home ( which still have the lovely Summer 2009 garden I profiled here) and my country home, which is a homestead really.
2. I published 2 ebooks through Amazon's Kindle Program- a children's book entitled THE Doll That Grew and How to get quoted in the media.

There's a lot of space here for a gardener - there's designated vegetable gardening plot, which I estimate is around 300 square metres or so, some unused space that's about just as big. This excludes the sprawling lawns etc.  Anyhoo, we're planning a big vegetable garden that will keep us with food and still allow us to sell some of it. It would be nice if we could get a winter garden going soon.

We're also raising meat chickens. Right now we have around 1100 chickens which are almost grown. The plan is to sell them individually and in bulk. I'd also like to get some egg-laying chickens, so that need is covered too.

Back at my old home in Joburg, a friend of mine moved in to share the house with me, so I have a home whenever I need. She also likes gardening, so I hope that she and I will set up something there too.

My plan as a writer/blogger is to document what we're doing on my blogs and share it will all who are interested in growing their own vegetables/food in South Africa.

Anyhoo, that's it for now. I'll try to be more faithful about posting in the future.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment