Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Why Autumn Is My Favourite Season To Garden

I've decided that Autumn is my favourite season.
  • It's warm enough to be outside and enjoy mostly blue skies and a nice breeze and to work in the garden at all hours of the day.
  • The debilitating heat of summer has cooled down a bit. So I no longer feel permanently exhausted. In Summer, we have temperatures regularly climbing up to 39 degrees Celcius (100.4 degrees Fahrenheit)
  • The weeds have slowed down a bit, so I can actually see the progress of my hoeing. So the garden looks really nice.
  • Yet, it's still warm enough to grow a whole slew of root and leafy vegetables.
  • It's a good time to clear out a lot of rubble in the yard, trim the trees and start creating compost.
  • It's a good time to plan for and plant Spring flowering plants.



All in all, this is the best time I've had gardening.

No comments:

Post a Comment